We want to work with you to turn Brown County blue! We have lots of opportunities to join a party committee, caucus, or team in whatever way works best for you. Submit your name or nominate a friend using this form, and we will reach out with more information. Thank you to all our volunteers for being a stewards of our democracy!
Our committees get things done! If you want to put your skills to work to elect Democrats, a committee is the place to start. Time commitment: 1-2 meetings per month, occasional assignments.
• Ethics – NEW! Help us design this committee and get it approved by the Admin board.Vision: Hosts trainings for members related to the Democratic Party of Wisconsin’s code of conduct, creates a system for reporting and responding to ethical complaints, and acts as mediators in resolving conflict.
• Culture Campaign – NEW! Help us design this ad-hoc committee and get it approved by the Admin board. Vision: Creates and advises the party’s use of art, popular culture, music, events, and entertainment to communicate Democratic values throughout the local community.
• Building Management – Keeps our party office building located at 118 S. Chestnut St., Green Bay operational, inside and out.
• Candidate Recruitment & Services – Helps identify and support candidates running for local office, such as designing field plans, campaign communications, or fundraising strategies. We keep our campaign strategy closely guarded; this committee is invitation only.
• Digital Content – Creates visually appealing, share-worthy content for our social media, emails, and our website. Manages our digital content calendar and keeps our online content current.
• Diversity, Equity & Inclusion – Supports the party in its goal to be inclusive and accessible to all Brown County.
• Print Communications – Serves as the editorial board for our new quarterly newspaper, and coordinates various other print content, such as postcards or t-shirts, as member benefits.
• Policy & Advocacy – Helps write platform and resolutions, and organizes rapid response advocacy.
• Public Relations – Works to get earned media in local press by, for example, being available for reporter requests, pitching stories to local journalists, and calling into news radio programs.
• Events – Develops fundraisers and community events for our party and candidates. Advises on virtual events during COVID-19.
• Outreach – Gets out into the community to talk to voters and represent the party at local events. Leads the party’s multi-lingual, voter outreach to for communities targeted by Republican voter suppression.
• Membership – Maintains membership rolls and recruits new members to grow the party.
We encourage youth leaders to work with us! We can provide support, resources, mentorship, or letters of recommendation to youth leaders that are inspired by Democratic values. Expectations: network and register young Democratic and Dem curious youth and represent their interests to party leadership.
• College Democrats – Organizes students at local college campuses and leads voter registration drives.
• High School Democrats – Engages high school students in local school districts and organizes voter registration drives.
• Young Democrats – For members under 40 to network peers, lead voter registration drives, and turn out the youth vote.
We want your help starting local chapters of the state caucuses already established by the Democratic Party of Wisconsin. Learn more about them here (to bypass the donation window, click the X in the top right hand corner of the screen). Expectations: recruit and retain members of your caucus, represent caucus views to party leadership, and network with the state caucus leaders to promote Brown County views statewide. If you do not see a caucus that fits you, we encourage you to contact us about starting a new local caucus. Contact Chair@BrownCountyDems.com.
• American Indian Caucus
• Asian American Pacific Islander Caucus
• Black Caucus
• Disability Caucus
• Environmental Caucus
• Labor Caucus
• Latino Caucus
• LGBT Caucus
• Progressive Caucus
• Rural Caucus
• Veterans Caucus
• Women’s Caucus
Teams are groups of peers generally organized by neighborhood or profession. They serve as points of contact that help circulate information and volunteer opportunities to neighbors and peers. During election years, they work closely with the field organizers hired by the Democratic Party of Wisconsin. To create a new team, contact Chair@BrownCountyDems.com.
• Green Bay – Central
• Green Bay – East
• Green Bay – West
• De Pere – East
• De Pere – West
• New Franken Progressives
• Northern Brown County Neighbors
• Oneida & Hobart
• Southern Brown County Neighbors
HOW TO NOMINATE
To nominate yourself or someone else for a party volunteer role, complete this form. We will reach out with more information.