MONTHLY ASSEMBLY: NIGHT OF ACTION Thursday, March 31st
We are dedicating our monthly assembly to a night of action for Spring Candidates. Come help us get out the vote to your friends, family and neighbors. With special guest cameo from Glee star Jenna Ushkowitz!
Thank you volunteers for stepping up to serve democracy!
GET OUT THE VOTE: Saturday, April 2nd – Tuesday, April 5th
Help get out the vote for the Spring election! Local elections are important and there are a lot of great candidates on the ballot that need your support. Will you step up to serve your local democracy? Join us to volunteer for GOTV weekend.
Join party leadership!
We want to work with you to turn Brown County blue! We have lots of opportunities to join a party committee, caucus, or team in whatever way works best for you. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask about party leadership opportunities.
Our committees get things done! If you want to put your skills to work to elect Democrats, a committee is the place to start. Time commitment: 1-2 meetings per month, occasional assignments.
• Building Management – Keeps our party office building located at 118 S. Chestnut St., Green Bay operational, inside and out.
• Candidate Recruitment & Services – Helps identify and support candidates running for local office, such as designing field plans, campaign communications, or fundraising strategies. We keep our campaign strategy closely guarded; this committee is invitation only.
• Digital Content – Creates visually appealing, share-worthy content for our social media, emails, and our website. Manages our digital content calendar and keeps our online content current.
• Diversity, Equity & Inclusion – Supports the party in its goal to be inclusive and accessible to all Brown County.
• Ethics – Helps to address ethics issues and resolve conflicts.
• Events – Develops fundraisers and community events for our party and candidates. Advises on virtual events during COVID-19.
• Membership – Maintains membership rolls and recruits new members to grow the party.
• Print Communications – Serves as the editorial board for our new quarterly newspaper, and coordinates various other print content, such as postcards or t-shirts, as member benefits.
• Platforms & Resolutions – Helps write platform and resolutions, and organizes rapid response advocacy.
• Public Relations – Works to get earned media in local press by, for example, being available for reporter requests, pitching stories to local journalists, and calling into news radio programs.
Dems under 40 have a variety of youth-led groups affiliated with the Democratic Party of Wisconsin. We are always looking for Young Dems to start local chapters of:
• College Democrats – Organizes students at local college campuses and leads voter registration drives.
• High School Democrats – Engages high school students in local school districts and organizes voter registration drives.
• Young Democrats – For members under 40 to network peers, lead voter registration drives, and turn out the youth vote.
The Democratic Party of Wisconsin has a series of caucuses started by members that you can join. Learn more about them here.
• American Indian Caucus
• Asian American Pacific Islander Caucus
• Black Caucus
• Disability Caucus
• Environmental Caucus
• Labor Caucus
• Latino Caucus
• LGBT Caucus
• Progressive Caucus
• Rural Caucus
• Veterans Caucus
• Women’s Caucus