The Democratic Party of Brown County is a volunteer-driven, grassroots organization. We rely on your help to strengthen our party and elect Democrats at every level of government.
Here are some of the ways you can volunteer during election season and also in between.
During run up to an election:
- Literature drops – Place informational pamphlets on doorsteps after being supplied with a map. Get outside and exercise while spreading the word about progressive candidates.
- Phone Banking – Connect with voters over the phone. A script and list of phone numbers will be supplied.
- Texting – Use your phone to send text messages to voters to remind them to vote, ask their opinions, or share information using a script.
- Post Card Campaign – Reach voters through their mailboxes by writing postcards or notecards. Sometimes a script will be provided and other times you can write about what is important to you.
- Office staffing – Answer phones and pass out yard signs at the office at 118 Chestnut Street in Green Bay. Work shifts are usually three hours each. Safety procedures are in place (masks, cleaning, social distancing).
- Sign distribution – Deliver signs using your vehicle to people that are not able to get into the office to pick them up. Allows you to help fellow democrats that are in need of assistance.
- Installing signs – Work with our large signs group to install yard signs on barns, fences or other areas. Help to keep democrats visible in our communities.
Regular volunteering whether during campaign season or not:
- Data Entry – Input information from our spreadsheets about voters into our electronic database. Can be done from your own home on your computer.
- Outreach – Promote activism between elections by recruiting members and building network connections with underserved communities, issue organizations, and rural communities.
- Communications – Help to develop and edit newsletters, social media postings, mailers and websites. Keeps our members informed and connected.
- Candidate recruitment – Keep progressive candidates on the ballot by helping this group find, train and support democratic leaders.
Sign up here for the Volunteer activity you would like to do:
or email VOLUNTEER@browncountydems.com